- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to this site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
- Cookies set by The Silicon Underground itself, if any, are only for convenience, such as making it easier to post comments. I do not use those cookies for any other purpose.
- When you post a comment, the name, e-mail address, and URL you provide, as well as your IP address, are logged. Only your name and URL are displayed for public view. I do not use the IP address for anything other than blocking spam and/or abusive comments.
- The web server itself logs the IP address from every site visit. I only use this data for troubleshooting or blocking misuse of the site, such as spambots.
- When you subscribe to the blog or to the comments feed of an individual post, the blog asks for your e-mail address so it can send you updates via e-mail. This is entirely voluntary. I do not share any of your information with third parties such as iZooto or similar services.
- Under the terms of the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data or to request its destruction. Leave a comment on today’s post. Include your e-mail address only in the space in the form provided to avoid accidentally disclosing it. Requests must be manually processed so it may take up to 14 days for me to respond.
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising
on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of
ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based
advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help
understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your
behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a
web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to
the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either
“persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser
and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry
date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the
web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally
identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the
information stored in and obtained from cookies.
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by
such cookies with AdThrive, Google, and our other third party partners. You can view, delete or
add interest categories associated with your browser by visiting:
https://adssettings.google.com. You can also opt out of the network cookie using those settings
or using the Network Advertising Initiative’s multi-cookie opt-out mechanism at:
and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and
applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal
data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete
your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you
can contact us at [insert contact email address here] and contact AdThrive at
email@example.com. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change
which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the
bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)