My Hisense Sero 7 Pro asked to update itself this morning. The update billed itself as a stability update. Indeed, afterward, it still reports itself as running Android 4.2.1.
That said, I’m all for a stability update. My Sero 7 Pro sometimes has issues coming out of sleep mode, so I let it update. Whether it makes a difference will take a while to figure out–I tended to have the issue once or twice a week. A day is too little for anything but a first impression, and my first impression is that this was a very low-profile update. But mainly I’m happy to see that Hisense seems to be supporting the tablet with updates. Not every update needs to make a big splash.
- The Sero 7 tablets got cheaper last week and I missed it
- Why there’s scarcely any aftermarket firmware for Hisense Sero tablets
- I found a reasonably good, inexpensive keyboard for the Sero 7 Pro
- The $99 Android tablet of 2013: The Hisense Sero 7 LT (or Lite)
- Brief first impressions of the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet