I saw the headline on Slashdot: Forensic evidence trying to prove whether MS-DOS contained code lifted from CP/M. That got my attention, as the connection between MS-DOS and its predecessor, CP/M, is one of the great unsolved mysteries of computing. Unfortunately, the forensic evidence doesn’t prove a lot.
- How to make HP and Compaq computers boot off USB
- Four things to try when a Nook Simple Touch won’t power on
- Lenovo’s phone is ringing again. And it’s IBM. Again.
- Why someone’s trying to hack your Facebook account right now–and what you can do about it
- How to make stacked bar charts in Excel 2007 that actually mean something
- How to slipstream IE9 and hotfixes into Windows 7, step by step
All posts for the day August 7th, 2012
Posted in Retro Computing
Posted by Dave Farquhar on August 7, 2012