MSNBC consumer reporter Bob Sullivan does a thorough analysis of how gadget buy-back programs work, and why you shouldn’t use them. There’s no need for me to rehash everything that’s wrong with them, because Bob covered all those bases admirably. I’ll just run through his hypothetical scenario and tell you what you should do instead.
- How to make HP and Compaq computers boot off USB
- Four things to try when a Nook Simple Touch won’t power on
- Lenovo’s phone is ringing again. And it’s IBM. Again.
- How to make stacked bar charts in Excel 2007 that actually mean something
- How to slipstream IE9 and hotfixes into Windows 7, step by step
- Why someone’s trying to hack your Facebook account right now–and what you can do about it
All posts for the day May 13th, 2011
Posted in Saving money
Posted by Dave Farquhar on May 13, 2011