Personality profiles. I was fixing a good friend’s computer over the weekend, and she was just marveling at how I steadily and confidently took apart (completely) a computer I’d never seen before, ripped out and replaced a power supply, then put it back together, and it worked. The first time. “You’re a ‘C’, aren’t you?” she asked. Huh? “The DiSC profile, remember that?” Vaguely. We both took it about two years ago; the only specific I remembered from it was being difficult–difficult to work with and difficult to understand. Curious, I dug out my profile last night and looked at it. It was a three-stage process, and each stage could associate a word with your personality. The three words that described me: Creative, creative, and creative. How unoriginal and boring! Can’t they think of anything else to say? (Of course such a description would bother someone who’s creative).
- How to make HP and Compaq computers boot off USB
- Four things to try when a Nook Simple Touch won’t power on
- Lenovo’s phone is ringing again. And it’s IBM. Again.
- How to make stacked bar charts in Excel 2007 that actually mean something
- How to slipstream IE9 and hotfixes into Windows 7, step by step
- Why someone’s trying to hack your Facebook account right now–and what you can do about it
All posts for the day September 15th, 2000
Posted in General
Posted by Dave Farquhar on September 15, 2000